If there is a problem how do I fix it?

Often problems are caused by misunderstandings which can be solved with a clear open discussion between the people involved. If in your mind the situation is not resolvable in this way it is worth remembering that you can always leave. If you make this decision, let...

How do I renew my card?

Just repeat the online registration by accessing the site with your data. Once you have logged in you will find the necessary information to continue by clicking on the small head and shoulder shape found on the top right. If you were a member a few years ago you may...

I can no longer go to farm: what do I do?

After making arrangements with hosts it is important to observe the dates or at least to communicate variations in time, as it is always useful to report any rethinking. It is incorrect not to warn hosts of any changes in your plans.

What does insurance cover?

The cost of the policy is included in the membership fee. It is a basic coverage valid for one year from the date of registration: it covers the risks of the activity only on the WWOOF Italia farms. It covers accidents or damage caused to things or people. Members of...

I have never been in the countryside: is it a problem?

No, you are here to learn but do not expect to be constantly followed. You may be able to perform some tasks on your own at times: if you think you are not up to a task do not be afraid tell the host. Hosts do not expect competence, interest and enthusiasm are enough!

How do I verify the membership of a host farm?

Farms which are not members are removed from the online list. If you use a printed list always check before leaving: if you can not connect to the internet you can call the office.

I am registered: now what do I do?

Contact the hosts you have chosen directly to ask their availability to host you and to agree with them the details of your stay.

How does the card arrive?

It will be emailed to you in PDF format when your membership is validated and you have paid your fee. Print a copy that you can have available during your stay on the farm - in the event that there are visits from work inspectors - and make sure you email it to the...

Do I need a photo?

Yes, you have to upload it on the site when you sign up. You need a close-up photo in which you are clearly recognisable.

Is there a discount for couples traveling together?

No, there isn't. WWOOF Italia is not an online service but an Association for Social Development, that's why the membership fee is individual. Each person has his own card and is covered by the insurance policy. Becoming a member you'll actively support the...

How can I pay the registration fee?

You can use a credit card, prepaid card online or PayPal, you can make a deposit by bank transfer or Post Office payment. You will be given details of methods of payment when registering.

If the host only speaks Italian?

The majority of host members are Italians: many speak other languages, the atmosphere is still open to cultural exchange. Each description contains this information.

Do I need a visa?

WWOOFing is a volunteer activity and cannot be used as a reason to obtain a working visa. You can carry out WWOOFing activities if you are already in Italy with a regular visa (for tourism, study, etc.). Depending on the country of origin, there may be different ways...

Is there Wi-Fi?

This varies. If having WiFi is a neccesity for you you need to remember to ask the host for confirmation that you can use the WiFi when you contact them.

If I hurt myself?

The WWOOFers membership card includes insurance cover in case of an injury during WWOOFing activities carried out in compliance with the regulations. If you hurt yourself contact the Association and we will help you with your communication with the insurance company.

What if I become ill?

Go to bed until you are better and follow the advice of your doctor. In case of illness hosts are required to provide support and hospitality for WWOOFers.

I am a vegan, is this a problem?

Use the keyword for advanced search: find out who follows the diet that suits you or someone willing to meet your needs.

Can I WWOOF just for the weekend?

It is difficult to find someone who would be willing to host you for two days only. If you can only go on Saturdays and Sundays, try to agree on a continuous solution covering at least a few consecutive weekends and choose hosts situated near where you live.

Can I drive the tractor?

Absolutely not. Just as you can not use any other motorized equipment (chainsaws, motorcultivators, motorized tools with blades, etc.). If you did it would be a serious violation of the Internal Regulations and in the event of an accident you would not be covered by...